Twitter

Follow the latest K-SS news on Twitter: Godslittlekids

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I AM...

I am a Christian Teacher
By Denise Curnutt
January 11, 2011
I am a Christian teacher.
I cry with them every year when Jesus dies on the cross in the Bible story.
I pray for lost mittens and sick dogs and grandpas who have smoked for 40 years and need to quit.
I try not to laugh while reviewing the Trinity, “God the Father, God the Son and..”when someone pipes up, “Hey-what about God the mom?!”
I do all the voices in the Bible stories.  Or…(I can be Aunt Sue and Uncle Dan in the Bible stories.)
When they point excitedly at the My Bible Friends book and say, “ I HAVE that book!!!” I say, “It’s because your parents want you to know about God.”
I know 39 ways to teach a Bible verse.
I go to the Spanish church and the Korean church and the All Nations church and the Phil-Am church because someone special invited me.
Yes, there are cool things I want to do in Heaven, too!
I am a Christian teacher.
I steer the conversation in another direction when there’s debate whether thunder is God rearranging furniture or bowling.
I know when someone’s eyes are open during prayer without opening mine.
I know 93 Bible action songs.
I collect small bathrobes for Bible costumes.
I know the difference between Elijah and Elisha-usually.
I say it’s not good to love one of your children more than the other, like Jacob and Esau’s mom and dad.
I am a Christian teacher.
I pretend to be God blowing the breath of life into Adam.
I pretend to be Jesus calming the storm.
I pretend to be the Holy Spirit giving them good ideas.
I get ideas for Bible class in church, in the car, and at Walmart.
I say it’s not good to let your kids do whatever they want, like Eli.
Yes, I feel like saying or doing mean things, but Jesus is helping me, too.
I explain that the picture of Jesus on the wall is a painting, not a photograph.
I am a Christian teacher.
I say God loves us when we’re good or bad, nice or mean.
I wonder what manna tasted like, too!
I explain that Baby Jesus did not have blond hair and blue eyes.
I try not to cry when someone prays for Walter’s mom to be alive again.
I attempt, with God’s help, to make the invisible God visible.
I am a Christian teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment